Thursday 8 November 2012

Lava Cakes (sort of)

So i have become totally obsessed with baking these days, when I have nothing planned for the night I bake!! I take my time and am pretty rusty with some of the techniques so I wouldn't last a day on Masterchef but I love it and what I bake has always been devoured so I must be doing something right :-)

This recipe is so simple and delicious!

You will need:
150g chocolate * 125g butter * 3 eggs * 3 egg yolks * 75g caster sugar * 50g plain flour * 25g cocoa powder (plus a little for dusting) * 4 8cm diameter ramekins * 


Preheat the over to 180 degrees. Butter the ramekins and place on a baking tray.

Break up the chocolate and melt with the butter in a heatproof bowl over some simmering water


Whisk the eggs and egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy.


Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and fold in to mix. Sift the flour and cocoa powder and fold in gently. 

Transfer the mixture into the ramekins and bake for 8-10minutes or until risen and firm to touch. The outer part should be cooked and the inner part liquid. (as you can see my ramekins are a little bit bigger then what they should have been)



Very carefully run a knife around the inside of each ramekin to loosen the puddings, then gently turn them out onto a warmed plate. Dust with cocoa powder and serve!!



Unfortunately I over cooked mine so they weren't very lavaish - but they were yummy!!!
  
Give them a go and hopefully yours will turn out a little bit better :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment