Thursday 25 October 2012

Treats for a Thursday!!!!!

Firstly I have fantastic news...I FOUND MY RING!!!!! I went up to my hockey club and there it was on the ground, I ran back to my car ecstatic I genuinely thought it was gone but it's not yay!!! 

So to celebrate I decided to bake!! So here you go:

Swirly Red Velvet Cupcakes

You will need
For the red velvet layer: 110g butter * 170g caster sugar * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract * 40g cocoa powder * a pinch of salt * 1 tablespoon red food colouring * 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar * 2 eggs * 160g self raising flour
For the cream cheese layer: 200g cream cheese * 1 egg * 40g caster sugar * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees and line your cupcake tin.

Make the cream cheese layer by beating the cream cheese with the egg, sugar and vanilla extract (I find a wooden spoon is best at first and then switch to a whisk) Leave it standing when its a nice smooth mixture.


Make the red velvet layer by melting the butter, pop it into a bowl with the sugar and beat well (again wooden spoon then whisk) Next and you must do it in this order - add the vanilla extract, the cocoa powder, the salt, the food colouring and the vinegar - beating between each addition. 


In a separate bowl beat your eggs then add to the butter/cocoa mixture, sieve in the flour and fold through!


Next up you must divide the majority of the red velvet mixture into the paper cases leave a large handful to the side. Then add a spoonful of the cream cheese to each case, then pop the rest of the red velvet mixture in the cases.





Now grab a skewer and give the mixture a good swirl - don't over do it though! (I think I might have over swirled on this batch) 

Pop them in the oven for 20-30 minutes, let them chill on a wire rack then DEVOUR!!!! 

The 12 that I baked are all gone!! Yup they were that good!!!


Enjoy!



2 comments: