Sunday 14 April 2013

Bikini Body.....hopefully

I am not sure where it has come from but I am suddenly highly motivated to get fit. 

Since finishing up with hockey I haven't done anything, a part of me just wanted to chill out and when I was sick I couldn't do anything. But that has changed this week and I am not complaining I can tell you!

For my birthday I was lucky enough to receive unreal earphones and an armband for my phone (two major hints to get running) and as you know from my April Goals I want to be able to run 10km by the end of the month.


So on Thursday the sun was splitting the stones and I decided let's do this. I got suited up and off I went. My plan was to see what I could manage but not overdo it.

I was pleased with what I managed, I can't tell you the distance I did as the stupid app I was using stopped recording but I can tell you I was out for 45minutes (maybe walked for 5 of those) it might not seem great but for my first run in months I was delighted!

Then my savvy pal found us a gym that we could join for a month for - wait for it - only €30!!!! I joined up on Friday and I was in there on Saturday (high fives all around)

We did an hour and a half workout which consisted of a 15min cycle, 30min run then 45minutes of working on my arms and cardio - I thought I would be in more pain today to be honest - might have to up it next time. Then I went for a 30 minute walk with my pooch today. I am loving this feeling and cannot wait to start improving - and to get back into the gym to be honest!

I will be hitting that 10km in no time and I am so excited for my new obsession especially if it makes me fit and toned - winners all around!

Thanks for reading today, hope you're all well, B x


No comments:

Post a Comment