Saturday 20 October 2012

Feast or Famine


The above saying very much applies to my current situation; this time last month I was praying that I would find something to fill my days with! I was literally tearing my hair out with boredom and self-pity! Now I don’t have enough hours in the day! I really need to start managing my time better but a bad case of insomnia plus a shocking immune system is hindering my idealist plans. For example it is a Friday night and its 1am and I am WIDE awake, I barely slept last night and have been wrecked and very sick all day yet when it comes to jumping into bed my mind decides to wake up and I finally stop sneezing. This is a regular occurrence and, as it is now starting to effect me, one that I have to address.
 
I’ll give you a quick glimpse of my week starting with Sunday evening:
  • Sunday Evening: Drive to Dublin
  • Monday Day: Intern at the Irish Hospitality Institute
  • Monday Evening: Lecture for my Diploma in Digital Marketing
  • Tuesday Day: Intern at the IHI, drive to Cork
  • Tuesday Evening: Straight to hockey training from Dublin, followed by Date night
  • Wednesday Day: Marketing Job
  • Wednesday Night: Date Night / Head into town
  • Thursday Day: Marketing Job / Consulting Job
  • Thursday Evening: Hockey training
  • Friday Day: Marketing Job / Consulting Job
  • Friday Night: Chill out time
  • Saturday Day: Hockey Match (sometimes two)
  • Saturday Night: Usually girl’s night out, this week detox night
  • Sunday Day: Day with Himself
  • Sunday Evening: Drive to Dublin
  • And Repeat!!


As you can see its usually not until Friday night that I actually have time for myself on my own and usually by the time it comes around I’m wrecked and end up spending the night on the couch feeling so guilty afterwards!

Now that little timetable doesn’t include the postgrad I haven’t started yet, or the extra work I should be doing for my diploma not to mention putting some time into my 5 year plan, let alone go to the gym or even cook a meal – and all these things need to be done!!

I keep telling myself to get up earlier and I have great intentions but it seems that my darling friend insomnia has different plans and chooses to keep me up all night. I need to sort out my sleeping but seeing as I’ve tried everything I’m not sure what’s next!

Insomnia I will get the better of you and I will move those mountains!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment