Saturday 14 December 2013

So good they named it twice

If I could pick one place in the world to live it would have to be New York. I went there when I was 16 with my mum and just fell in love. I love the hustle and the bustle, the fact that everyone is on their way somewhere. No one really drives so everyone has a drink at any opportunity. There are so many choices for restaurants, bars, cocktails bars etc and the different areas like the Meatpacking District, SoHo,  TriBeCa oh it's such an amazing city!

Since I started a new job in June I wasn't really in a position to take summer holidays so I decided a trip to New York with my mum would make up for it. We are lucky in that we have very good family friends who live in NY so there was nothing stopping us. 

This trip was about seeing more of New York not so much a touristy / shopping trip. Now don't get me wrong we did do some tourist things (Empire State & Statue of Liberty & The Rockettes Christmas Show!!) and of course there was shopping but I wanted to spend more of my time in the real New York you could say.




We spent a lot of our time walking around SoHo, TriBeCa, West Village, Greenwich Village and the Meatpacking District. We even spent a night in Brooklyn which was a very cool spot. The Highline was breathtaking and we were so blessed with the weather, the jacket I was wearing was even too much!



Spending time in these areas cemented my love for the city and the food and drink was just amazing! Honestly some of the best food I've ever eaten, I don't think we had one bad meal and boy do they know how to do brunch!! If you didn't order a Bloody Mary or a Mimosa with it you were odd - no problems there for me anyway.


My drinks for the trip were Cosmo's, Mimosa and I had my first Bloody Mary - as I type this I am craving one :-)



As I mentioned the food was unbelievable but I would just like to draw your attention to these eggs benedict with avocado and rocket, possibly the tastiest thing I have ever eaten and look at the size of them!! And yes that is me stuffing my face with a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery - caught rotten!

Ah New York, just thinking back makes me warm and fuzzy and also long for the place. Maybe one day I will be able to cal it home but until then there will have to be bi-annual trips :-)

B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment